library heading

library heading

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Need to Renew My Texas Driver's License While Out of State



“I’m visiting here from Texas, and I need to renew my driver’s license.  Is there a way to do it while I am out of state?”  The Newton Falls Public Library staff can understand why that would be a concern; no one wants to get caught with an expired license.

Using an Internet search engine, we typed in the words “Texas driver license out of state renewal.” The Texas Department of Public Safety’s website has the forms for out of state/country applicants to mail into that department.  We also found the link to www.dmv.org/texas.  There were listed a variety of Driver Services from which our patron could choose. When selected, Renew Your License gave the options to renew in person, online, by phone, or by mail. Our patron could now decide which website and option he preferred to use to ensure that his license stayed current.

No comments: